Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ATC Exchange #1

Soooo... I took part last month in my first ATC exchange, which means Artist Trading Cards for those that have no idea what I'm talking about.  I am very pleased with hwo mine did turn out except how I finished it off.  Well my recipient really likes it and and I am pleased with that.  The one I recieved I erally like as well and it's interesting how on such a simple theme there are so many interpretations that can be done.  The cards were sent out the beginning of this month and mine went to Sweden and sending it from America snail mail took about 3ish weeks and mine came from I believe the UK... at least Europe lol England.  I'm really bad at rememberin such details.  I was just too excited for taking part in this exchange.

RECIEVED:

Recieved:

Group:  crossstitchforum
Theme: London Olympics
Stitched By: Jo, England
Sent To:  ME!


Sent:

Group:  crossstitchforum
Theme:  London Olympics
Stitched By:  ME!
Sent To:  Agi, Sweden
Information:  Stitched on off-white 28 count linen. The UK flag is sitched 1-over-1 with floss red, blue, and white, finished with Metallic grey beads, and the olympic rings attached with a sepreate piece of fabric.  Desigtned by ME!




SENT:


As many of you probably can see why I am not happy with the finish....  I tried to save it but once I decided to cut it real close the edge of the piece it all went down hill fast.  So I am more than likely going to restitch it and send her the new one which will look exactly the same but with a better finish/polished look.


No comments:

Post a Comment